MSD Plug Wires

From: Mike Gibbons (gibbons@fn.net)
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 23:54:15 EDT

OK, I am returning the Jacobs wires I had ordered because a couple DML'ers
had reported failure of a couple wires within a year or so and also because
of a short term financial crisis (can you say Big 'D and I don't mean
Dallas). When I go to re-order I would like to go with the MSD's. I see a
lot of people use them.

My question: Summit only lists MSD wires for up to '97 Dak's w/318. Will
this same P/N wire kit fit a '99 318? I can't really see how plug wire
lengths could have changed through 3 years (or more for that matter). Do
the boots still fit into the metal heatshields around the plug? I don't
know if these shields have been installed on all '97-'99 V-8 Dak's. Has
anyone suffered any radio interference with these wires? If I use these
wires and use an alternate routing, say, with Moroso plug separators, can I
expect any RF bleedover into any critical electrical (computer) circuits?

I would also like to add a plug for RV Performance Connection. When I
called them to get a RA number, they didn't even really question why I
wanted to return the Jacobs wires. They issued an RA and then voluntarily
offered to refund my return postage. I actually had to ask the salesman to
repeat himself. He said "Let me know how much return shipment is and I will
refund it to your credit card". Since I had simply changed my mind about
wanting them right now, I was expecting to ship them back myself. I am
impressed by this level of customer service.

I have, unfortunately, also had to cancel my order to Quick D for a TB at
the present time (sorry Tony). I hope to have my finances back on track
shortly and re-order my Accel supercoil, cap, rotor, plug wires and get a
TB back on order. Will give an update to anyone interested ASAP on
installation and performance increases for these items.

Mike G.

'99 4x4 CC SLT+ 318/auto
K&N Gen II
Jet Stage II
Gibson Cat-Back
180 deg thermo
Speedliner Spray-In Liner
Extang Black-Max Soft Cover
And a brown 60lb. pit-bull named Maddie who likes to ride in the front seat
trying to breath in all the cold air out of the AC vents while slobbering
all over the CD/Cassette at the same time. Oh yeah, and when the armrest is
in the up position, she likes to jump over into the back seat, hitting the
release button, dumping all my cassettes/CD's and other junk onto the rear
floorboard!