RE: Re: CA legality!!!!!!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 23:12:40 EDT

Damn they're vague...But I did ask several times on tinting the front
windows on my old Camaro and the Dak before I moved out of CA. The answer
was NO. No tint is allowed on the front windshield or front/side
windows...at all. The side/rear and back window are ok...but there is a
percentage of tint allowed. Don't remember what the numbers were.

--------------------

26708.5. (a) No person shall place, install, affix, or apply any
transparent material upon the windshield, or side or rear windows, of
any motor vehicle if the material alters the color or reduces the
light transmittance of the windshield or side or rear windows, except
as provided in subdivision (b), (c), or (d) of Section 26708.
   (b) Tinted safety glass may be installed in a vehicle if (1) the
glass complies with motor vehicle safety standards of the United
States Department of Transportation for safety glazing materials, and
(2) the glass is installed in a location permitted by those
standards for the particular type of glass used.