Re: VIN # Registry!!!!!! PLEASE READ

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 29 1999 - 11:28:05 EDT

DMV records are considered public information and covered by the Freedom of
Information Act. This is because your paying a licensing fee to a
Government agency and the Act requires them to disclose the information by
request. In most states, anyone can go into the DMV office and request a
copy of your records for a small fee. Some states even offer this
information online. Most will not ask why the information is needed though
some do. You can do pretty much the same thing at a person's town hall.
Someone can go in and for a small fee, get copies of tax and property
records. I used to do this when I did some skip tracing and was only asked
once for ID.

I'll see if I can find a copy of the Act on the net.