Re: Hey Dester--bulbs

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 31 1999 - 00:19:40 EDT

Hm.. Bright in a sense of actually seeing at night. I'd stick plain old
"regular" bulbs in there.

Now, I think this is what you're trying to do. Have it "look" bright, and
kinda still see... Well, I think the PIAA 80/100w bulbs will work for you.
I'll ask my buddy who works at an auto parts store what he'll part with a
pair for (75 bucks is normal retail, I'm sure he can shave about 10 bucks off
that)

As for fog lights. Get the hyperwhite fog lights offered by
www.vehiclelighting.com. Putting a brighter bulb in there isn't gonna do too
much. The reflectors must be good also, That's why HID systems are so damn
bright!. and they're only 50 bucks.. can't go wrong there. If you'd like
to go ahead and replace the factory bulbs. I'm sure you can, but why not go
with a whole new fog light? wires are already there. just gotta tap into it.
-Dester

PS. I REALLY need a digital camera.. Anthony???
<< I was thinking about PIAA's or hellas for both the fogs and the driving
 lights. And i don't care about dignity--i only care about lighting up the
 night. :)
 My goal is to get my stock bulbs replaced with brighter ones. But how do i
 ensure that the new bulbs won't melt my light housing?
 Do i need to upgrade the wires?
 The 80 watt bulbs seem to be what i'd like, bright but not blinding
 everyone.
 Maybe i'll just replace the fogs with some 100w bulbs?
 What do you think?

 Frank WJ >>