Re: oxygen sensor

From: Mike Gibbons (gibbons@fn.net)
Date: Sun Oct 31 1999 - 23:15:49 EST

Since the exhaust is being pressurized by hot, expanding gasses trying to
get out, air cannot get back into the exhaust system. You would have to
have a vacuum (less than ambient pressure) to allow air back in.

Mike G.

Re: DML: oxygen sensor
On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Christopher L Scott wrote:

> I just replaced the oxygen sensor on my 94 Dak 3.9, when the light came
on
> and the o2 sensor code flashed. The truck ran great after i replaced the
> sensor, but last night it started to hesitate on acceleration, and when
it
> did, the engine light came on again. When I reached my destination, I
> flashed the code, and sure enough, 21 came up. Oxygen sensor. But the
> problem is intermittent. When I started up the truck later, it was fine,
> no light or anything. do I have a defective sensor, or (more likely
IMHO)
> is there a problem somewhere else in the O2 sensor circuit? does anyone
> have experience with this? Any advice is appreciated.

   Is your exhaust system tight? A Dodge tech told me once that
if you've got leaks in your exhaust system, air (and therefore
oxygen) can get in and mess up the readings for the O2 sensor... <snip>