Re: Bad fuel economy ['94 V6 5spd]

From: Dale Blanchard (bolero@accessnv.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 00:09:46 EST

Dave Scelfo wrote:

> >I've been getting something around 12 mpg lately, all city driving &
> >usually mild to WOT acceleration. I noticed the same thing before any
> >mod's last winter, when I was doing a lot of city driving for awhile
> >too. If it werent for you guys my plan would be something like: stp
> >fuel treatment or somethin, new o2 sensor, new plugs, new wires. Also
> >thinkin about changing the air in the tires. I dunno, i'm more of a
> >computer nerd than a mechanic. Help me out here. Six pack to the dmler
> >with a correct diagnosis that saves me $$ on gas.
> >-Jay
>
> If you live in New Jersey it could be the crappy winter gas. I'm not sure
> they still do that. I know they're in the process of stopping it but there
> is alot of politics involved.
>
> --
> Dave

After carfull loging of info I find that going from Las Vegas gasahol to
Utah and Idaho regular gas I get 15% diference in mileage. 16.5 mpg in
NV, 20 mpg in Idaho. I do this trip 4 times a year and have good records
to prove it.
I have also been paying for a smog check on my 73 Ford, that still
passes CA standards and has no smog stufff on it. It is now $20.00 a
year for a truck that has never failed a smog check.