Re: Bad fuel economy ['94 V6 5spd]

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 00:13:43 EST

Actually, you may want to 'think' about the air in your tires! Usually,
with the onset of cooler fall weather, the air pressure in your tires can
drop 5-10psi, possibly enough to lower your mileage. Get a good tire
pressure gauge and check your tires every month or so, especially with
changing weather/temps!!

Also, the 'rich' setting on the computer will run a little longer on the
cooler mornings we are experiencing now. I've noticed that on short trips
around town, my winter MPG is about 2 less than my summer MPG, just because
the computer's version of the CHOKE is running a lot more. Highway mileage
stays the same because the engine is already warmed up (unlike stop-n-go
short trips around town every day).

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate