RE: 318 Hop Up, Heads VS NOS

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Sun Oct 31 1999 - 20:40:04 EST

Greg,
Do what you will. I read the other post flying back and forth between the
bottle and an SC, but... Between the head work and NOS, I would go with
the head work. It may take a little longer time wise, but I believe you
will be further ahead, and will definetly not cause any damage to your
engine. Good quality head work is definetly where you will generate true
horsepower. Also, you will not cause any detrimental effects to your engine
like you most certainly will with NOS. Over time the NOS is going to pound
your engine to pieces, and face it, if you are honest later if or when you
sell your truck, how many people will really want to buy it knowing you used
NOS on it. I wouldn't! The head work is a quality asset, not a detriment
to you. Plus you don't have to wory about something going wrong with a
bottle. Did you ever see one of these thing explode? It isn't pretty.
Well, there's my three cents. Between heads or NOS, I would chose heads.
Good-luck.
Rich - Ashburn, VA