What Flowmaster fits?

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 18:24:07 EST

Hey guys,
I got a brain-teaser for everyone: which muffler style will clear the
driveshaft on a 99 V-8? I have a Gibson 3" cat-back system now, want to go to
duals & a 40series Flowmaster. The Gibson muffler is 8" round tank-style, and
has about 3/4" clearance to the shaft. Center-line on the int. pipe seems to
be 5" to the shaft. So, will a center-inlet/dual-outlet Flowmaster that is 4"
high x 9.75" wide clear the shaft?They make an offset-inlet/dual-out in a 12"
wide case, but I don't think it'll clear the frame rail. Muffler guy wants
$350 to fab up a set of pipes, that's too much! I can get the Rhino
"fullbacks" pre-fabbed pipes for $134, plus $60 for the muffler, and $25 for
clamps & hangers, and do it myself! Can't get past this clearance thing,
though.Would appreciate any specs/info on dimensions of the OE system, as I
tossed mine when I put the Gibson on. Also, anyone with a JC Whitney or Rhino
Fullbacks set-up, what type of muffler & dimensions came with it? The Rhino
shows a center-in/ dual-out muffler measuring 9" wide, does this sound right?
Sorry for the long post, but I want to do this right the 1st time!

Kevin / N.J. // visit my truck at: <A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/quiktruk99/DARKDODGE.html">THE DARK DODGE</A>
99 Black Sport+CC(decals removed)/ 5.2 auto 2wd w/3:92 SG
OEM wheel flares/ 1.5"- 2" drop / Dunlop GT Qualifiers
MSD 6a w/ plugs @ .050"/ Mallory 8mm wires / Echlin brass cap & rotor
K&N Gen II FIPK / F&B Stage 1 t/b / 180 t-stat
Custom cat-back duals w/Flowmaster 40 series 2-chamber
Pace Edwards Roll-Top / Bedrug / Poplock
African Rosewood interior trim / Wet Okole seat covers
Kenwood 140w stereo w/6cd changer in center console / Silver DML stickers