RE: Mopar Headers Installed!!!! and 3" exhaust (somehwhat

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 19:52:02 EST

This is exactly the same thing I ran into on my 98 4X4. I drove it to the
exhaust shop with the open Y pipe at 8am on a Sat morning. No problems
either from the truck or the cops. I just had the exhaust shop build a new
cat inlet pipe that fit the reducer.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers, F&B TB, DDBC

<snip>
The only other problem
I ran into is that the "reducer" that came with the kit, which is supposed
to fit right into my stock headpipe, is exactly the same size as the pipe.
Needless to say, it didnt fit......

BTW, would it be safe to drive to the exhaust shop with just the Y-pipe
bolted up, or should I have it towed?
<unsnip>