14"x3" Round Filter - Better than K&N!!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 23:37:04 EST

Ok...so I was getting my bottle filled (again) at the local speed shop, and
something caught my eye that would interest all of you V8 people.

We all know that K&N makes a 14"x3" open-element filter with an open-element
top. This has been recalled because of the top breaking under stress from
the "S" Bolt.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

High-Flow Power (S&B): P/N: 77-1403/S - $69.95

The top and sides are just like the K&N, but they installed a flame arrestor
which doubles as a brace for the bolt. I pressed VERY hard on it (under the
suggestion by the sales guy) and found that it wouldn't bend very easily.

Regards,

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
1997 Dodge Dakota SLT/CC - 2WD