Re: Line-X bedliner

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 06:18:11 EST

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Bob Tom wrote:

> At 06:21 PM 11/1/99 -0800, you wrote:
> >Today I made an apt. to get my bedliner put in on friday. I'm looking
> >for opinions on "over the rail" VS. "under the rail". I'm thinking of
> >over. Any reason I shouldn't? TIA
>
> The only reason that I can see for not using an over the rail is
> if you ever want to put a tonneau (soft or hard) on your truck.

  When I got my bedliner, I went with an under the rail since I
liked the looks of them better. Also, an over the rail will scratch
up the tops of your bed rails, and wear the paint off. The under the
rail does the same thing, but in the bed... If I had it to do over
again, I'd probably go with a simple bed mat or a bed rug, or possibly
a spray in. I can't take my bedliner out now though because the only
thing keeping the exposed metal in my bed from rusting is the constant
action of the bedliner rubbing on it. :-(

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |