Re: ProComp Shocks

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 11:28:57 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeremy Trudeau <jmtrudeau@home.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 1999 2:10 AM
Subject: DML: ProComp Shocks

> Been busy doing some prep for the upcoming tough So. Calif. winter ;-),
> and was toying with the notion to replace the stock (too whimpy) shocks
> with a set of the pro-comp 9000's (what I'd like is the rancho rs9000
> with the computer, but that's too $$$$). I do use my truck quite a bit
> off road and the factory shocks get you see sick after a while, so has
> anyone used the pro-comps in their trucks? Hunting seasons flying by and
> I want to get out their with aiding my digestive system.

Whatever you end up buying, just make sure they use urethane bushings on the
shocks. I bought my Rancho RS5000's and they can came with rubber bushings.
Not one year after they were on, the bushings were shot. So I spent almost
an entire day drilling the old ones out and pressing in new urethane
bushings, I bought a kit for $35 which replaces all 4 shock's bushing from a
4WD shop. Other than that, any aftermarket shock will be alot better than
the stock ones, and I have herad ProComp does make some good shocks.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6