re:flathead six

From: lipinski (charger69rt@inficad.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 21:50:30 EST

The engine is the flathead 6 that Chrysler used to put in the Power
Wagons.
> Both engines are apparently in good shape.
> The question- How much work would it take to swap one into a Dak??
I'm
> thinking of piecing a truck together(buy frame, cab, nose, etc. and
assemble
> in a garage...).

Hi List

As an engineering exercise it is a novel idea.

As an engine producing more power that the 239...highly unlikely.

In fact if Hearther is still on the list I'll put my money on her 4
cylinder dak.

A mopar slant six/ poncho OHC 6/or even a chevy six would be a better
powerplant than the flathead.

We had 4x4 3/4ers in viet nam....they were like short bed power wagons.
Flathead sixs and granney four speeds.......they would go anywhere as
long
as you didn't have to go over 40 mph.

If you really want to do a pre-sixtys engine...find a 392 Hemi to build
your
truck around..

just a thot

roblip