Re: DC Misdiagnosis...

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 00:25:03 EST

Speaking of using HIGH RPMS for HP. isn't that honda's new concept with the
honda S2000? 8900 RPM rev happy v6 or something. same power to weight ratio
as a viper and some porche or something? but!!! it can run only 15.1 in
the quarter compared to the viper's 12s. then.. you can't really modify it
anymore because it's already almost maxed out!! To this lil "debate", I
think that I'd rather stick to a 318/360 for power, but i'd go 4.7 or 426
hemi for racing!! IMHO. i'd get the 318. parts are available for it, it's
not very $$$. and we know it can get you across the finish line and back to
the staging lanes without throwing an (Aluminium?) rod.
-Dester

PS. the thought of a block created from recycled pop cans also doesn't amuse
me. hehe just kiddin!

<< I use my 73 Ford with 300 six for a truck. I use my Dakota for a car.
 Push rods and ov cams have nothing to do with Hp/torque. A long stroke
 engine with the cam cut for torque at low RPM will be a stump puller. A
 overbore engine with a cam cut for high RPM will put out a lot of HP but
 will not have any low end torque. A overhead cam will allow you to reach
 a higher rpm in a over bore engine which will give even more power. But
 it is not going start a heavy load up a hill around a 3 mph switchback.
 That is were the diesel works best.