Re[2]: NEED SOME ASSISTANCE(skid plates)

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 08:54:00 EST

When you're finished with yours go ahead and brew me up a plate for the gas
tank. :-)
T.

Subject: Re: DML: NEED SOME ASSISTANCE(skid plates)
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: 11/2/99 11:20 PM

I am currently making my own transfer case skid plate. The are
braces/crossmembers in front and behind the tcase with holes already punched
in them(2 on each brace), for what....not sure, maybe factory skid paltes
used to be an option. Either way I am utilizing these holes for my tcase
skid plate. So far I have spent $5 for a nice an thick 1/4" piece of 12"x24"
steel stock. I have already drilled the holes(4 of them, drill bit I already
had) on the steel, and have sanded it down. All I need to do is to put a
coat of automoticve steel primer on it($3 can of spray paint) and paint it
with some cool looking Rustoleum Hammered Metal Finish($4 can of spray
paint) that I like. Overall, with some Grade 8 bolts and hardware, I should
have myself a pretty darn heavy duty skid plate for around $20. Not bad.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6