Re: RE: Damn Texans! Vette vs. Viper

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 23:30:01 EST

Well, about the only thing I have against GM products is that they tend to
burn excessive oil after 100k miles (also, as far as racing, their pushrod
geometry is not as good as MoPar's). I still think some of the best
vehicles would be made by GM and powered by MoPar. Assuming GM has gotten
rid of the tin-can quality of the Camaro, I think my top pick would be a new
Camaro with a 5.7L MoPar (or 6.1L Hemi or whatever they are coming out with)
engine under the hood and a 5-spd. Hell, I'd even settle for a 4.7L w/
auto, it'd be much better than the drivetrain GM is putting in there. Now,
that combination would KICK *SS ;-)

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate