Christmas present for Jon Steiger

From: Pedro J. Diaz (pjdmd@mho.net)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 01:32:41 EST

While the DML is composed of a bunch of contributors and some die hard
veterans, you must admit that there is one person that is responsible
for the list. Seems to me that not only did Jon come up with the idea
for the list, but initially wrote the program for the mailing lists,
acquired the server, then arranged for it to be housed at his workplace.

Now he is the one that backs up his words with action. He organized the
sticker campaign, spent time with the printers, and now is taking the
time out to send them out to each one of us. He is putting all of the
money from this back into the DML. In business if you invest money up
front like Jon did to pay the printers before you collect your fees, you
are taking a risk. Typically you charge for your time and risk. Jon
isn't. Now we're talking about sending around the nation a G-tech and
guess who was volunteered to keep track of it: JON.

Seems to me we all owe Jon big. I recommend that we each send what we
can in a letter to Jon so he can buy himself a nice Christmas present.
We can send 1, 3, or 5 bucks. Or whatever you feel good ol' Jon is worth
to you. And make the check out to Jon Steiger, not the DML.

Am I alone here on this?

Pedro J Diaz