Paying to play, and a quick ?

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 16:18:13 EST

Bernd, I know that it takes some serious $$ to go real fast. (c'mon,
we're street racers!!!) Take my '66 Toro, over $3,000 went into that
engine, even though I did all the work except for the machine work, it
was very rewarding to see it on the dyno, FRONT wheels a spinnin', and
seeing on his screen the 400hp figure. Even more so when I took it to
Pomona for Street Legal Drags, weighed it in at 5,100lbs, and then went
on to smoke the 1/4 in 15.1@95mph (and ya shoulda seen the look on the
ricers' faces, it was priceless!!)!! Lotsa fun in a car my boss calls
the "tuna boat"!!
      Oh, I gotta ? for anyone. where can I find a brass cap & rotor for
my 6'er (Bernd)?? Since Autozone took over Chief here (and closed a
bunch of stores down), they now totally SUCK!! None available they tell
me. Will try Pep Boys and Kragen tonight. Any more info will help!!!
Don't wanna wait 2 weeks from Jules!!

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'97 Dakota SLT+ CC Auto, 239 V-6, 200hp
'66 Olds Toronado Deluxe, 425 V-8, 400hp