Re: 2/4 Lowering Kit

From: Michael Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 18:07:28 EST

>>>What type of shocks did you get, I have a feeling that those are what really helped the handling.<<<<

The kit came with Doestch Tech lowered shocks... oh man... they are nice =)

>>>Also you said 235/60 on a 15X6, I hope you mean 15X7 I haven't even heard of a X6, Oh well, how much did the tires cost, I might do that,<<<

My dakota came with a 15x6 from the factory. It's an 88. The tires were about 425 fully installed at Firestone. I don't think I got much of a deal on em', and that was along time ago. I got 50k out of em' and they really aren't that worn. They will suck at the track this weekend tho....

>>>BTW, could you measure the total height of the Tire/wheel combo, and also the Wheel Well Lip height, just wondering something<<<<

I'll do what I can... I'm really busy =( I'll git back to you with that stuff
I would say to hit the BFG homepage, they have overall diameters of certain tire sizes and stuff...

-mike d.

88 6er, 3.55, Slushbox w/a 3/5 drop, headers, Hi flow cat, 2.5" Borla muffler,
14x3 K&N, JET stage II, Magnecors, Daytona seats, TekStyle tonneau, H4's

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html