Re: Jingle noises on 1990 dakota

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 06 1999 - 04:56:08 EST

dustboy18@hotmail.com writes:

<< When driving my '90 Dakota, I hear a ringing noise, almost like bells. I
 really have no idea what is is, but a guess might be the speedometer cable.
 I'm in the dark, so can anyone with information on this occurance offer me
 some assistance? I'd be very greatful.

 Thank you,
 Dusty

is the noise in the cab or under the truck? if its under the truck mabey
this is it
is the noise heard when you press on the throttle? sometimes the heat
shields on the exhaust pipes break at the spot welds and they sound like
ringing bells. Some do it at idle some do it only when gas is pressed. Also
you may wanna check the exhaust hangers and see if any are broken and are
vibrating. Just a idea

If its inside the truck make sure nothing is loose under the dash. Cars are
weird. they are sound boxes.
Rob