Re: Spark Plug heat shields...

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 08:04:27 EST

I pulled my heat shields with a pair of channel-lock pliers, just wiggled
'em back and forth a little (like a dentist pulling a tooth) and they pull
right out. I left mine out, since they were a major source of spark leak.
Unfortunately, I run the Jacobs Energy Team. I'm using Autolite 3924 plugs,
they seem to work best for me, better than Champions anyway. I tried AC
Rapidfires once and had a couple of them explode on me. Haven't tried NGK,
but I hear they are good.

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate