Re: Cecil County Dragway Meet Report

From: nosdakota (nosdakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 06:46:30 EST

Nothing major, I forgot to turn off the N2O switch after my first run and
when I hit full throttle in the burnout the microswitch turned on the juice,
then when the truck up-shifted into second and the slicks grabbed at the
same time, it wasn't swallowing enough air and the combo of fuel and N2O
built up in the air-hat............POP. I lost all of the intake before the
TB. Fortunately everything blew out and nothing went into the motor so I was
running naturally aspirated for the rest of the day. I still managed a 14.8
even with the ailing trans and no juice and sucking in hot air from under
the hood.
The goof cost me an airhat and a piece of metal dryer hose. I don't have an
airbox anymore because this is the second time I did it. I'm starting to
think I need a dummy light to let me know the switch is on, memory isn't
what it used to be. If I still had my jacobs set up to turn on the juice at
2500rpm like I used to this wouldn't have happened but I got greedy and was
launching with the juice.
Joe W.
87 Shelby Charger 13.9
98 Dakota 13.1