Dakota's 1st off-road adventure

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 00:44:58 EST

Well, hanging with chevy and ford guys. They think lowering trucks is a
stupid idea, baised on the fact they are off road freaks.

So. off to the trail we go (97 dakota cc v6 auto 2-3 drop) following a chevy
4x4 (leader) and chevy 4x2.

Well, when we got there. They though i was gonna chicken out and not do it.
My it was a bad trail... so. 4x4 chubby goes down., and the 4x2 hesitates
to go down, but he finally does... 4x4 drives care free, and the 4x2 and i
(did i mention i'm only 2wd?) carefully avoid the big ruts and everything.
Wow. we turn around because i still wasn't stuck yet and we said to hell with
it and decided upon lunch. Well..

the 4x4 makes it up the hill we originally declined upon and when the 4x2
chevy tried to go up (of course i was a safe distance away. it was probably
a 30 degree grade!) and he starts slipping down half way up. slip slip.
down he goes backwards with tire squeelage. the 4x4 had to pull him out and
my turn to go up (they were standing there with the tow strap ready) and i
just slowly crawled up (no slippage) and pulled next to them and said "you
don't need to use those on dodges!" my did they envy the dakota.. off to
lunch and that was a day.

Needless to say. I am never going off roading again. I might offend some,
but i find it point less. sure. it was fun, but why take the risk of gettin
stuck or breaking body components over that??
-Dester