Re: Re: More Speakers = Louder?

From: Mike Guzinski (Colorado_Kota@prodigy.net)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 00:51:21 EST

Your head unit will not put out power that is as clean as a good quality
external amp. Clean power from an amp will be able to be played louder with
less distortion. If you have to push the head unit to get the sound out of
it you will hear distortion. Check the distortion factor of your head unit
and compare it to a good name brand amp like a Soundstream or Rockford of
the same power.....the stats will show that the head unit's amp will have
about 10x more distortion that the amp......let me know what you find.
Mike Guzinski
1999 CC 4x4 SLT+ 318 Auto
Colorado_Kota@Prodigy.net