Re: Secure Storage

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 18:20:19 EST

<<The club cab storage beneath the seat has been converted to a secure
storage area. I had a piece of 10gauge (about 1/8" thick) cold-rolled steel
cut so it sits down on the lip inside the compartment. I added a folding
handle, two cam locks (temporarily the cheap wafer locks but I have two
keyed-alike tubular style on order with hardened steel faces and collars)
painted the whole mess with a texured paint so it matches my nerfbars and
bed (looks like Linex). The slots I had to cut for the tailpiece of the cam
locks were minimal, and I reinforced those holes with steel braces. You
would have to take a BIG prybar or a high-speed cutting wheel to get in
there now :-) It will stop the smash and grab thieves from getting whatever
I put in there (weapons, ammo etc)

I'll put some pics up soon if anyone is interested... the whole mess ran me
about
$50.00 to build.>>

I'm interested... I need a place for my Beretta 92F and some accessories. Let
me know when the directions are up.
Thanks!
Tom