RE: 4.7 engine questions....

From: Henry Hagemeier (henryh@texas.net)
Date: Sun Nov 07 1999 - 17:22:40 EST

Hi,
I have the 4.7 in a CC but with a 5 speed. Gas mileage has run as low as 15
and as high as 19.5.
It is no dog. I have the 3.55 rear and have been able to make the tires
"chirp" while shifting to 3rd. I have not raced it, but have kept up with a
late model Vette, up to about 60 mph where he pulled about a car's length.
We both shut down at that point. Once while doing about 60 mph on the
highway a late model Camaro came up on my rear and started tailgating me so
I punched it. Dropped him pretty quickly and was pulling away. When I got
to 90 mph (this was on a wide open highway here in Texas, I know, no excuse)
I let up on the gas, at which point he sailed past me( I had already found
out what I wanted to know). I have no idea which engine he had.

All in all it is a quick truck. I love it and would not trade it for
anything in its price range. I can't wait to see what it is going to be
like with a K&N Gen2 and a cat back exhaust.

For what it is worth.

Henry
San Antonio
2K Sport CC 4.7 5sp 4x2 3.55sg Solar Yellow