RE: DML:"5-Speeds RULE and V6's can stomp V8's!!!"

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Nov 06 1999 - 23:51:45 EST

> Hehehehe.....two letters: O K
>
> Ya wanna run me...ya gotta do it my way. No pavement, just a lot of bumps
> and mud. ;)
>
> - Bernd

Well I think I've finally settled the Auto VS Stick arguement this evening.
Coming home from a service call I was sitting on Rt1&9 in Avenel at a
traffic light. Now there are 2 stop lights then a long run into Rahway. Well
I hear someone beeping their horn over "Barracuda". Look over and lo and
behold, a 95 Dak setup ALMOST the same as mine! The best is that the dude is
calling me out! So anyway the light goes green, and we take off. WEll both
of us came off the line perfectly! He started to drop back as I hit 3500rpm
in first but just a little, but gained as I shifted into second but again as
I hit 3k I started gaining, lost a little during the shift, then hit third
and he dropped back to where his bumper was next to the rear tire and really
started losing when I hit 3500. We had to stop for the second light, and
again he wanted to run, this time I spun and he got a hood length on me, but
since this was the long run (2.5mi) I was gonna have him in my mirror. Not
only did I, but the smuck turned off before the next light(once I hit third
I passed him). Now granted this may not be a vaild race, but the only mods
I've done is a DynoMax catback, Kevin's (QuickTrk99) old homemade FIPK, and
Boog's AstroJet ignition thingy. I don't know what this guy had but he at
least had some exhaust work done. But I have seen him around town, so I will
find him too see what he's got. But I guess for now sticks rule! hehehehehe

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ