Re: DiRT digest: V2 #2668

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 11:19:05 EST

I don't understand what your friend is saying. This is what I know about
the system. The alarm can be armed and disarmed by 2 ways. With the
keyless remote or by using the key in the door locks. The remote start
system also supports these factory features. I have 4 wires to patch into
the wiring harness to do so. One wire connects to the wire that locks the
doors and a second wire connects to the wire that arms the alarm. I found
these and have them connected. The third wire connects to the harness wire
that unlocks the doors. I also have located this wire and have it
connected. The forth, connects to an alarm disarm wire in the bundle. When
I had called DEI (Who makes the system I'm installing) they said the disarm
on a 99 is an orange wire with a green stripe. DEI doesn't have a schematic
for the 2000's yet. I connected to the orange/green wire and it doesn't
seem to work. I hit the button to unlock the doors, but it's not disarming
the alarm. I spoke with some techs at the dealer and they don't have that
information yet either. It appears that DC may have changed the color of
the disarm wire. There's about 60-70 wires in the bundle and I don't want
to go probing too much. I even tried to follow the wires coming off the
door lock mechanism itself with no results. I was hopeing that someone on
the lists may have already done this install and would be able to guide me
as to which wire to tap into.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4 and 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM