Was: M1 dyno verified Hp #s on a 360& observations(rev limiter) N ow: PCM

From: Neal Arita (neal@heide-cook.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 16:47:17 EST

>Don't know about the others, Bill, but I'm using the '96 MP PCM
>on my '97 Dakota. I've been told that it puts the rev limiter
>at around 6300 rpm and does away with the speed limiter.

>Message 58 since Oct. 23/99.
>Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'>97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
>PB 60': 2.077 PB 1/8: 9.445 @ 72.41 PB 1/4: 14.917 @ 89.28

I've been on the DML for a while now, but didn't know that a '96 MP PCM
can be used on '97 (5.2L)
Is it a "plug-in" mod? If I've been reading right, there is no MP PCM
for
'97 yet.
I'm using a JET Stage II, and haven't had problems. Would you suggest
the '96 MP PCM for '97 (mainly street driving - some towing).

Also, for everyone out there, has anyone installed a JET underdrive
pulley?
There are three pulleys: alt, water pump and crank. I've noticed that
most
applications have been ASP Pulleys - did I miss something? or has ASP
been proven better?

I know I have a lot of questions...kind of isolated here (hawaii)

Neal - from Hawaii