Re: More on the Truck Plugs

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 22:41:25 EST

Weird. mixed opinions here.. Anywho.. i have a 97 v6 with a few mods and
most importantly in this case, a jacob's ignition..

I had rapid fires in there (worked wonders until i found out the parts
counter guy got me the wrong heat range and the plugs were toast.

then went to the champion 4701? truck plugs. my performance dropped

went to the plain ol autolite copper plugs and i'm running great now.
-Dester

<< Just had another comment to add on the Champion Truck plug
 debate. Immediately after I put mine in, I noticed the
 rough idle at start up went away. However, after only
 about 1000K it came back. I also noticed a mileage drop
 over time, but I think part of that is the fact that I
 drive it much harder after adding the ported throttle
 body--love that sound. My point is that I think I'll soon
 be changing to different plugs. Bernd, did you post those
 part numbers for various brands? I guess I missed it
 during my crazy deleting binge.

 Thanks,
 JY