Re: 96 Dak with Fan Clutch Problem

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 00:40:22 EST

I would suggest an electric fan, you'll pick up some power AND gain mileage
(my 2 favoritest words). Being a 96 truck, I would replace the water pump
depending on mileage. The water pump change itself is relatively easy,
you'll need to remove the A/C compressor and alternator and assorted crap
that's in the way; easy to do, just takes a lil while. If you decide on an
electric fan, pay attention to the location of the longest bolts on the
water pump and mount the fan accordingly, it'll save headaches in the future
if the water pump ever goes south.
Jon Smith-Raleigh,NC-http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4
'95 318 auto CC 4x4: Accel Supercoil, JBA headers,
dual glasspack, 14x3 FABM, F&B Stage I TB, !EGR,
MSD 8.5's, self-moded intake, 180 degree thermo,
ASP crank pulley, 16" Hayden elec. fan, MP SBEC,
BEST: 0-60 in 6.3 & 1/4mi 15.4@88.95
207.2 RWHP, 276.2 RW ft/lbs
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ