Re: More on the Truck Plugs(Suggestions Please)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 11:39:30 EST

Well I plan on changing out my plugs tomorrow before I head out on a hunting
trip this weekend. I have a nice 300 mile hunting(shotgun season in Indiana)
trip with some nice 4WD trails waiting!. Hopefully I can get back some
mileage and performance. Anyone have any last bit of advice on what to
buy???? I can't and do not want to run a platinum plug, due to my
aftermarket ignition. I am leaning towards trying out some Autolite plugs,
since these seem to be liked by fellow Dak owners running after market
ignitions, but am open to anything else really. What are the Autolites made
of by the way, copper?? I have already ran a set of normal Champion
plugs(factory),a set of Splitfires, two sets of Champion Truck
Plugs(currently running these).....and I am ready to try something new.Do
Autolite Plugs fall under the 'projected tip' catagory since I need to open
my gap up over the .035 stock gap??? Thanks
Thanks
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 112,800 miles
MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD 8.5MM Super Conductors, Accel Super Coil,
Borg Warner Select Brass Cap/Rotor