Re: cb radios

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 12:33:50 EST

At 09:24 AM 11/11/99 , you wrote:
>OK call me whatever but i put in my CB radio yesterday with a window mount
>ant and it's not working. gets the weather channel and when i key the mike to
>transmit all the bars on the radio light up but nothing happens also do not
>hear anything on any channel wtf any help would be appreciated thanks Dave

Sounds like your antenna is way out of tune. The best thing to do is get
yourself an SWR meter (they're not expensive) and tune the antenna
yourself. The alternative is to quickly make friends with a fellow CBer of
a ham radio operator and cry and/or beg till he does it for you.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who
have had years and years of training can, using only
their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies
in the history of the world."--Dave Barry