Re: DML Digest V4 #1167

From: Mike Grove (mgrove@nls.net)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 20:49:31 EST

FWIW that is the exact opposite of the heel-and-toe downshift technique. You heel and toe with the ball of your right foot and big toe on the brake pedal and blip the throttle with the outside edge of your foot or the heel, depending on how the pedals are arranged. If you have a dog-box (such as a Hewland MK series) you needn't bother with the clutch since it doesn't do anything anyway. And you're right it's a whole lot easier than it sounds.

-Mike