'99 tip in hesitation

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 10:41:09 EST

"I got a 318 4x4 99 and when i am at about 50 to 55 mph, and i try to
keep
that speed or accelerate slowly, it seem like the enigne is hesitating
or
is
"burping"? I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. It only
has
6500 miles on it."

-This is commonly called "tip-in hesitation" My R/T does the same
thing. I'll be cruising at a constant speed on the highway and then it
feels like someone is backing off the power from the engine. I kept
feeling it and finally was able to narrow the problem down to the fact
that every time it happened, I would let my foot off the gas completely,
only to find that I was almost completely off of it anyway. I'm
thinking that maybe I have a defective TPS or maybe it needs to be
adjusted, but I dont want to just go and tinker and mess something up.
  14,000
Patrick