Re: Re: Trailmaster install update

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 16:46:49 EST

In a message dated 11/11/99 6:56:50 PM, grndak4x4@home.com writes:

<< Dave,

Just to let you know National Drivetrain has 3.90 Gears have both gear sets

for front & rear available for $195.00 each for the ring & pinions & master

install kits for $100.00 each. Chepers than going to the dealer for the

parts! I do hope you have 3.55 gears in yor diffs, cause 3.90's are the only

other option for helping to restore the power lost by going to the larger

tires. Going from 3.55's to 3.9's with 33" tires will put you back just

about at the optimal engine rpm.

http://www.natldrivetrain.com/

Kyle >>

Cool! Thanks fer the info! Better than the $400 or so parts plus $1600 labor
I was quoted at the dealer...although I'm sure I'll lprobably still hafta
find a shop to do the install...

well, I'm off to my buddy's house for the weekend so we can install the lift!
Unfortunately the wheels won't arrive 'till tuesday so It'll probably be up
on jacks for a few days while I rent a car!! DOH!!!!

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC Sport 4x4