Re: Who has blown up a rear end??

From: Michael Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 16:17:30 EST

hhhmmmm.... sounds like a plan....

thanks!

mike d.

88 6er, 3.55, Slushbox w/a 3/5 drop, headers, Hi flow cat, 2.5" Borla muffler,
14x3 K&N, JET stage II, Magnecors, Daytona seats, TekStyle tonneau, H4's

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133
http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

>>> "Dave Scelfo" <macncheesemonster@hotmail.com> 11/11/99 10:33PM >>>
>no blocks for me =) I had a 1" block, but chucked it cuz' it was draggi'n
>the bumper and tailpipe all over the place. hhhmmm... with a 4" drop, how
>much pinion correction do you think I need? 4 degrees? how do I know if
>it's too much?

1] Go to Home Depot.
2] Buy Inclination Meter (It looks like a big circle with a magnetic base.
You stick it on something and... just go buy it, it'll make much more sense.
3] Slap it on both ends of your driveshaft yokes. The idea is that the both
driveshaft flanges have to be parallel for things to be peachy.
     An alternate way would be to measure it before you alter the suspension
(up/down) and then match it afterwards. This is great thing to check
yourself because it gives you a good reason to buy another tool. I like
tools.

--
Dave