Re: Who has the MPI single plane manifold?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 01:26:21 EST

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Gregg S Grisham wrote:

> jon do you have any pics of the manifold on the truck??? thats what I cant
> wait to see, with all of the parts inc in the "kit"

    Not yet. Well, I do have some pics of it on the truck (and of the
install process) but I haven't had the time to scan them in yet. Before
I put the kit "into production" I'll definitely get a pic of all the
pieces included. Right now, I'm waiting for the machine shop to
get me the latest version of the vaccum tree. I had to make a minor
design change to fix a clearance problem, but the shop made a mistake
and made the diameter a bit too big, so they're going to make some in
the proper size. That'll lighten it up a bit, but it'll still be plenty
strong. (These are CNC machined as well, BTW, and made of aluminum, so
its already pretty light, and most importantly, resistant to rust!) :-)
It uses brass fittings for the actual hose connections, and is therefore
fairly configurable; it'll give you up to 6 connections of varying sizes
and locations; I figured 6 should be more than most people need; I'm
only using 3 right now, with a spare port to hook up a vaccum guage.
The shop is going to machine a couple that are the right size, and then I
should have all of the pieces I'll need to be able to take a pic.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |