Re: Re: RE: Platinum Vapor Injection

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 09:58:28 EST

Sorry, Mr. Chemistry teacher. You're absolutely right about the catalyst not
getting involved in the chain reaction. Platnium is also a very non reactive
metal. Unlike CA, or MG, or those upper metals who love reactions to
stabilize. I'd say the Cat would have to burn it or it BECOMES part of the
cat. Who knows. Ask their support line. but you might get a "um.. I dunno"
-Dester

<< I had one more question about the PVI. It uses Platinum (which is a heavy
 metal..like Cadmium, Lead and Arsenic). These elements are pretty reactive
 and when ingested or inhaled, in time will build up in the body and cause
 CNS (central nervous system) damage. This Platimum is supposed to be a
 catalyst..and by definition a catalyst is not destroyed during the reaction
 it is involved with (the reaction it facilitates). Where do these metals
 end up after they catalyze the reaction? They are not bound up like they
 are in a catalytic converter. Are they inturn released into the atmosphere?
 Or do they get stuck downstream in the CAT? Can anyone clear this up for
 me?

 Thanks!

 Bob King
 Pennsville, NJ >>