Want to be in the calendar? Here's how...

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 12:37:58 EST

The DML Calendar page is at:

http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/www/dakota/stuff/calendar

   If you are interested in ordering a calendar, please fill out
the interest form at the above URL so we can get an idea of how
many calendars we'll need to order.

If you would like to have your truck considered for inclusion in the
2000 DML calendar, please send your photos via snail mail to:

DML Calendar Submission
c/o Jon Steiger
836 King Road
Forestville, NY 14062

If you would like your pictures returned, please include an SASE.
(Note: if you plan to order a calendar, then you don't need the
SASE; I'll return your pics in the same envelope that I mail your
calendar in...) Please note that I probably won't actually return any
pics until after the calendar has begun printing, just in case
something goes wrong and I have to scan them in again.

I am requesting that the pics be sent via snail mail because I will
need to scan them in at approx. 12x8.5 inches at 400dpi, which
generates a file size in excess of 50-60MB. That's probably slightly
more than most people are willing to send via their 28.8 modems.
:-) However, if you absolutely must send pics to me electronically,
be sure that they are at least 12 by 8.5 inches in size at a resolution
of 400dpi or greater. (They should also be in CMYK format, rather
than RGB format, if possible.) TIF format would be best (JPEGS
will result in reduced quality.) I just hope my e-mail server doesn't
crash. :-) You could upload them via ftp to
ftp://csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu/pub/incoming/mailing-lists/dakota or
send them as an attachment to stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu.
However, if at all possible, I would really prefer the original
photographs. All of the above is being done to maintain the highest
quality possible. Any resizing, converting, etc. that is done will only
reduce the quality, so given the "garbage in, garbage out" principle,
I would like to keep the quality as high as possible right from the
start.

By the way, feel free to send additional pics of different aspects of
your truck that might be suitable as an "inset". For example, a
nicely detailed engine bay, a big smokey burnout at the dragstrip,
etc. If your "main" photo is selected for the calendar, a small
"inset" showing something particularly interesting about your truck
might be added... You may send as many "main" and "inset" pics as
you like.

Thanks!

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |