Tuff-country oil changes-Tony

From: J McKinney (bigmopar4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 11:50:45 EST

Hey Tony I found out about the oil change thing the hard
way too. WHAT A MESS!!

Anyway, what I did was make a trough that guides the oil
into the pan I'm draining it into. It clips onto the
crossmember right under the the oil pan. (it's good to
have a father who's a sheet metal worker). I can fax you a
drawing if you want.

Good to hear that you still like the kit.

John

> Oil changes however, are a pain in the ass. The drain
> plug is in just the
> wrong place and the old oil gets all over every damn
> thing - unless you let
> it warm up to just the perfect not too hot/not too cold
> temp and use some
> heater hose to route the dirty stuff through the maze of
> brackets and to the
> pan.
>
> Gotta admit, these up-in-the-air Daks do get a *lot* of
> attention
>
> Tony Angelo
> '99 Solar Yellow Sport "Plus", CC, 318, Full Time 4X4,
> Black Mopar Bed
> Rail/Light Bar/Round Lights, Black Mopar Grill/Brush
> Guard, Black Mopar Side
> Steps, Tuff Country 5.5" Lift, 33X12.5 BF Goodrich AT
> KOs on the stock 15X8
> wheels, K&N GenII FIPK

=====
John McKinney
Los Banos, CA
1998 Dakota 4x4 5in lift/locked 33" Swampers
1974 Ramcharger 4in lift/locked 33" BFG MT's