RE: Re: Got 'er back

From: Jon Winkelhake (jon_w@tjhale.com)
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 13:47:41 EST

Mike - Hey, I've got the "clunk" too, but not only is it when shifting into
reverse (which has been very difficult to do since day one), but also when
taking off from 1st gear, and subsequent shifts to 2nd & 3rd. (4th & 5th
gears don't clunk for some reason.) The clunk seems to coming from the rear
end, but 67,000 miles later nothing has gone wrong with the tranny because
of this. I think it's normal, but my mechanic did say my rear diff is
leaking a little bit. :(

Jon W. '94 CC SLT V6 5spd