Re: Gibson exhaust for the 4.7L

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 18:36:21 EST

In a message dated 11/19/1999 3:01:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
BoogYT1300@aol.com writes:

<< Yeah, I can too, hell I pulled out in traffic yesterday and gave her
alittle
 too much and fishtailed all over the place. It was great. I never got the
 92 to do that but it had an open rear too. It just seems like it takes more
 pedal to get her going. Especially with that damn torque converter locking
 up at 30 mph. I takes all power away if you dont stomp on it.
 I hope Hypertech or someone comes out with a shift improving program for
this
 thing. Id love to delay that TC lockup. And to hell with the puny 2nd gear
 ratio. If I were a limo driver, I might like it then.
 I had it in 4 low last week and it didnt seem to have the same umph as the
92
 318 does. I tested them both, my ol 92 kicks ass in 4 low...it'd pull the
 ass off a bear. This one, well give it more pedal, wind it up and yeah it
 will run.
 They are just two totally different animals.
 Boog

Yeah i know what y9u mean i usually take it out of OD until im going 60 or
more or going on the freeway around town i click the switch to OD off. In 4
wheel the high seems to be a little wussed out but in 4 lo it does pretty
good but than again i havent pounded it yet
Rob