Re: Touble Starting

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 20 1999 - 00:39:29 EST

dakotaslt99@hotmail.com writes:

<< I have recently started having trouble starting my Dakota. It only
happens
 when my truck has been sitting for a while not running. My current mods are
 R&D throttle body, 180 stat, Gibson cat-back, and a homemade intake (3 inch
 pipe and 9" cone). When I start my truck, it cranks but immediately dies.
 It will do this several times until it finally smoothes out and runs normal.
   I can start it and give it gas and it runs fine as long as I don't let it
 idle. It is a 99 cc 318 auto. Any help would be appreciated.

the throttle positioning sensor could be out of range. Try to reset it or
mabey the idle screw was loose and the butterflies are closed and the idle is
off
Rob