Re: 98 Man Trans MP PCM's

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 21 1999 - 07:01:33 EST

On Sat, 20 Nov 1999 topbanana@98rockmail.com wrote:

> I called MP the middle last month to ask them again
> about the Man Trans PCM's. The guys response was
> that they "should be out in about 1 month"
> (which means NOW!) He said they were definately
> going to make them and were working on them.
> I have not been able to get through to them since
> but as soon as I do I will let everyone know and post
> the P/N. If someone has already answered this question,
> please drop me a line as I haven't been able to keep
> up on my email very well since startiong my new job.

    Uh oh; looks like no one has explained the Mopar
Performance Calendar to you. :-( Its no fault of your
own, with most people, when they say something, you can
usually take them at their word, but with MP, its a
different story. Just ask anyone with a '97 Dakota,
who was led on with "another 6 months; they're *soooo*
close to certification" for 2 years, then they hear rumors
that MP has said they have no intention whatsoever of
producing them, EVER.

    For your sake, I hope you're right, and best of luck,
but be careful not to put too much stock into what MP says.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |