Replacement Air Filter Questions and Comments

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 21 1999 - 18:00:53 EST

Ladies and Gents,
     After the mini-meet at Rutt's Hutt yesterday I decided to head down to
the LAPS and check out the K&Ns. I noticed that there is a series of
filters in the catalog just like the S&B filters (with the inverted cone).
The guy couldn't find the filter in the computer so I couldn't get a price
or order it, oh well. Anyone have any experience with this or the S&B? I
was thinking about just getting the S&B with the ram air tube connected
(Quick Cold Air) and slapping that on. I'd rather have the filter far away
from the throttle body. Which leads me to my other question...
     Anyone know where to get 3" hose cheap? Either rubber or silicon is
fine. I think the major brand is Purosil for silicon hose but I can't seem
to find a dealer besides McMaster-Carr. Thanks

--
Dave