FYI 24# injectors, results

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 23:59:33 EST

I've now had my stock 19lb injectors in for a week now, after swapping from
the 24lb and the results are in:

1. Decreased throttle response, a little dead spot (okay, a big dead spot)
when I nail the gas at a low rpms in a low (2nd) gear. The 24's felt a
little better, but idled very rich. I would still have them in if I did not
have a bad injector.

2. No decrease in overall power detected.

3. Fuel economy up to 15 mpg from 12 mpg.

NOTE: I did have the stock 318 computer with the 24lb injectors, when I
later swapped the the Mopar 93 5.9 HP-SBEC, the 24lb injectors seemed to run
way too rich. I later found that the O2 sensor was unplugged, which may have
influence the results. I just helped a guy from Chicago install a 5.9 in his
94 Dakota 4x4, his is running fine with a stock 5.9 engine, stock injectors,
and a stock 94 5.2 computer. Go figure!

Mark Kuzia
95 Dak 5.9L, 5-spd, 4.10-SG
13.790 @ 99.42 mph (2.091 60 ft)