Re: Broken E-brake light?

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 06:59:59 EST

Gene Hodge wrote:

> Whenever I take off my e-brake, the light on the console remains on, it's
> not a major problem, but It get's kind of annoying. Is it just a problem
> w/in the fuse box, or is it something more than that? Anybody with any
> ideas, please write.
>
> Thanx,
> Gene
> ('93 dak sgl cab v6)

The same thing happened on my '95 after I replaced the parking brake
pedal. The wire that goes to it fell off its connector. I found out
that all the wire has to do is touch any metal and have an electrical
connection to the body of the truck to make the light come on. (Mine
was swinging around and making the light go on and off like a strobe, I
thought my brake system was about to explode for a second.)

Jason