TB Info (LONG) (was: Re: RE: Burnout Qestions, Low RPMs)

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 14:22:06 EST

In a message dated 11/23/99 12:15:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
NVMYDakota@aol.com writes:

<< How much is a Throttle Body, best one ya got?>
                             Greg >>

$299.95, and that's for my only throttle body. Price will be going down again
for good sometime in the near future... maybe after the holidays.

Compared to most, mine has the most options that I could find. Re-shaped
air-horns (we keep em in place - they reduce turbulence at the air inlet),
slightly bigger bore (just enough to create our own intake centerline and
clean up all the restrictions), we don't re-use the stock shaft, we toss it
and make our own out of stainless steel. Thinner stainless steel plates, and
much more.... full info is at http://surf.to/rdperformance and click on the
high flow cnc throttle body page.

This stainless steel shaft is a precision work of art. Everything is
blueprinted throughout the entire throttle body and machined to our mill
specs (within .005") and the CNC machining process insures that these steps
are repeated time and time again.

We don't re-use the stock blades or use cheap, stamped aluminum plates,
either. We construct our own out of stainless steel, then we machine them to
an exact angle with a special fixture we made that holds the plates at that
perfect angle. They don't sit flat in the throttle bore.

This shaft reduces the width in the cross section by over 50%. We also took
the time to counter bore the blades
(http://members.aol.com/kabuki2/ssshaft.jpg) so that our flathead machine
screws sit flat and do not protrude into the throttle bore. No button head
screws in the way! We take the extra time to do this. .. .and it really
creates a nice, smooth, streamlined shot right down into the intake manifold.

After assembly, everything is polished and the screws are tig welded in place
for your engines security.

(Stock TB @ wot pic http://members.aol.com/kabuki2/stkbore.jpg)
Notice all the metal between each bore, the thick bulky blades & shaft, and
of course, those screws!!!

Now here's what you get w/ mine.
(R&D TB @ wot pic http://members.aol.com/kabuki2/stage1b.jpg)

I don't think there's any further explanation needed here.. note the blades
are even thinner than stock.

Overall my TB is a precision peice. Especially if you compare it to the
factory machining.... yuck! We took the extra steps to achieve this, and
while it might cost a little extra, what else would you want on your brand
new Dodge truck besides the best ?

Of course, all my throttle bodies are backed by a 100% satisfaction
gaurantee. All of my returns (all 1 of them) have been b/c the truck is being
bought back by DC. That in itself should tell you something.

Hope this helps......

ttyl
Patrick
http://surf.to/rdperformance